The first several seconds after a car accident are some of the most terrifying and confusing moments you will ever experience. Your brain is struggling to catch up with what your body has just endured as the adrenaline numbs you from fully realizing the extent of what you just survived. However, failing to take the appropriate steps after a collision can be disastrous for your chances of any future legal claims.
Holding the responsible party liable for what they have caused is vital for your mental, physical, and financial recovery. If you make certain mistakes in the immediate aftermath, you may find your claim fails to hold--even if your claim is legitimate. This is why it is vital you do the following after a car accident:
- If your accident was on a busy road or intersection, it is extremely important no additional accidents take place which is why you must ensure you are out of harm’s way. Move your vehicle to the side of the road and turn on your emergency lights to warn others to avoid you.
- Call 911 and request an ambulance if necessary. Remember to check if anyone else involved needs medical attention, including passengers and other drivers.
- Take photographic evidence of everything, including road signs, street damage, nearby lights, intersections, physical damages to both vehicles,
- Exchange information with other involved parties including license plates, phone numbers, ID information, and other relevant details.
- Seek medical attention and gather any medical documentation as part of your evidence.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Our Highly-Rated Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers Today
With Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP on your side, you can rest assured your needs will be met and your voice will be heard. Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys are committed to delivering you the most optimal results possible. Don’t set yourself up for failure by aligning yourself with the wrong legal advocates--you won’t regret having us on your side.
Schedule an initial consultation with a respected member of our firm by calling (213) 267-3640.