Disability Discrimination in Los Angeles
Strong Representation for Employees & Victims of Discrimination
Have you faced employment discrimination due to your disability or medical condition? Whether you were recently fired or failed to get a job you believe you were qualified for that you suspect was due to your condition, you may have legal recourse.
At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we understand that having a disability or serious medical condition is difficult enough. Having an employer discriminate against you just makes life more difficult and our Los Angeles disability discrimination attorneys here to ensure an employer does not get away with this type of illegal behavior.
Learn how our Los Angeles disability discrimination lawyers can help. Contact usat (213) 267-3640. Call now for a free consultation. Se habla español.
What Is Disability Discrimination?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment Act prohibits disability discrimination. An employer is required to provide employees who have disabilities and medical conditions with reasonable accommodations, minus certain exceptions. They are also prohibited from discriminating against individuals who have a disability or medical condition, especially one which does not prevent them from doing their job.
This type of discrimination applies to the following actions:
- Failing to hire
- Failure to promote
- Job assignments
- Failure to provide reasonable accommodations
- Failure to provide benefits
- Denial of disability leave
The Law Is On Your Side
In addition to protecting you from harassment and unfair hiring and firing practices, employment law protects you from being denied medical leave. This is considered to be a reasonable accommodation and if your employer maintains an inflexible policy, they may be in violation of the ADA. Before you take any steps, it is important that you take action to speak with a knowledgeable Los Angeles disability discrimination attorney from Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP.
We are here to help protect your rights. Call us at (213) 267-3640 for a free consultation with our Los Angeles discrimination lawyers.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR RIDESHARE ACCIDENT
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $280,000 $280,000 SETTLEMENT FOR SLIP AND FALL
- $250,000 $250,000 SETTLEMENT FOR INJURY AT APARTMENT COMPLEX