Discrimination Lawyers in Los Angeles
What Are the Protected Classes Under California Discrimination Laws?
In California, employees are protected against discrimination by both state and federal law. These laws include the Fair Employment Housing Act (FEHA), the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), and the New Parent Leave Act (NPLA).
California's protected classes include:
- Age (over 40)
- Ancestry/national origin
- Disability (physical or mental)
- Gender identity/expression
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Medical condition
- Military or veteran status
- Sexual orientation
Have you been discriminated against in your workplace? Do you not feel safe or have you been caused a great deal of stress? The employment law firm of Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP can help. Contact our Los Angeles discrimination attorneys today!
Our experienced Los Angeles discrimination attorneys are here to help you take action against workplace discrimination. Call us at (213) 267-3640. Se habla Español.
Types of Workplace Discrimination
All employees should be treated equally or rewarded based on merit and achievement, and nothing else. There are even laws put in place to protect employees from being discriminated against based on protected characteristics. Unfortunately, this is often not enough to maintain a safe working environment. If you find yourself unable to perform your job duties due to the discrimination you have faced, we may be able to help you seek restitution.
Discrimination is illegal based on the following categories:
- Sexual orientation
Take Legal Action & Protect Your Rights
At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we believe that your workplace should be a place you can thrive, do your job, and, if possible, move up in rank. If your workplace has become hostile or you believe you have been fired based on discrimination, you may want to take legal action against your employer. We can help you if you have received unfair treatment as a result of discrimination or have been retaliated against for reporting a violation.
Do not hesitate to call our Los Angeles discrimination lawyers at (213) 267-3640 to set up a free consultation.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,100,000 $1.1 MILLION FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION BECAUSE OF SICK SON
- $1,010,000 $1.01 MILLION FOR WRONGFULLY TERMINATED DISABLED WORKER
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $934,000 $934,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION WHILE ON MEDICAL LEAVE
- $775,000 $775,000 FOR EMPLOYEE FIRED WHILE ON A PREGNANCY RELATED LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $443,000 $443,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION RELATED TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE