Discrimination Lawyers in Los Angeles
What Are the Protected Classes Under California Discrimination Laws?
In California, employees are protected against discrimination by both state and federal law. These laws include the Fair Employment Housing Act (FEHA), the California Family Rights Act (CFRA), and the New Parent Leave Act (NPLA).
California's protected classes include:
- Age (over 40)
- Ancestry/national origin
- Disability (physical or mental)
- Gender identity/expression
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Medical condition
- Military or veteran status
- Sexual orientation
Have you been discriminated against in your workplace? Do you not feel safe or have you been caused a great deal of stress? The employment law firm of Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP can help. Contact our Los Angeles discrimination attorneys today!
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR RIDESHARE ACCIDENT
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $280,000 $280,000 SETTLEMENT FOR SLIP AND FALL
- $250,000 $250,000 SETTLEMENT FOR INJURY AT APARTMENT COMPLEX