California Leave of Absence Law
Know & Protect Your Right to Take Leaves of Absence
Have you attempted to take a protected leave of absence only to have your employer fire you or take another type of adverse action against you? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Our Los Angeles employment lawyers at Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP can help you determine if there is legal action to be taken against your employer. We firmly believe that all employees should be treated fairly and we work hard to ensure that situations involving wronged employees are righted.
Would you like to set up a comprehensive evaluation with a Los Angeles leave of absence lawyer? Call us now at (213) 267-3640. Se habla español.
Your Rights Under FMLA & CFRA
The FMLA and CFRA exist to protect your rights as an employee. They protect employees who have been working for an employer with 50 or more employees and have been working for at least a year. In order to be protected, you must have requested your leave in a timely manner and submitted all of the requested documentation, such as medical documents. During this time, you must not be fired or your job must not be changed unless you have been offered a comparable opportunity.
You have the right to take leave for a number of reasons, including:
- Disability leave
- Leave for jury duty
- Maternity/paternity leave
- New parent leave
- Military leave
- Medical leave of absence
- Pregnancy leave
Taking Action Against FMLA & CFRA Violations
The first step, if you suspect that your employer has violated the law, is to consult with a Los Angeles employment law attorney who is familiar with the FMLA and related laws that affect your case. We can sit down with you to ensure you understand your rights and your options so that you can make an informed decision. Our goal, at Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, is to pursue a remedy that meets your needs, including having you reinstated or demanding legal damages. We have handled a wide range of employment law cases and are ready to help protect your rights.
Speak with a knowledgeable leave of absence lawyer in Los Angeles! Call us at (213) 267-3640. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency-fee basis.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,100,000 $1.1 MILLION FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION BECAUSE OF SICK SON
- $1,010,000 $1.01 MILLION FOR WRONGFULLY TERMINATED DISABLED WORKER
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $934,000 $934,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION WHILE ON MEDICAL LEAVE
- $775,000 $775,000 FOR EMPLOYEE FIRED WHILE ON A PREGNANCY RELATED LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $443,000 $443,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION RELATED TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE