Wrongful Termination Attorney in Los Angeles
Effectively Defending Your Rights as a Terminated Employee
Have you recently been fired from your job, leaving you wondering what your options are? Being let go or fired from any job can be stressful, especially when you depend on your wage to survive. While most employees are hired "at will" in the state of California, there are still certain legal protections you have as an employee.
If you believe that you were wrongfully terminated, Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP can help you. Our Los Angeles wrongful termination lawyers can investigate your case to determine the cause of your termination and protect your rights.
Call us today at (213) 267-3640 to make an appointment for a free consultation. We offer Spanish speaking services. Se habla español.
What Is Wrongful Termination?
Wrongful termination laws were put in place to protect employees from dishonest or illegitimate firing practices. What this means is, essentially, an employer can decide that you are not putting in enough effort or committing to your job, but they cannot fire you as a result of discrimination. If you believe you were wrongfully terminated, then these laws are on your side when you seek legal representation. However, proving that you were fired for an unfair reason can be complicated, which is why hiring experienced counsel in Los Angeles is important.
A few examples of wrongful termination include:
- Discrimination of all types
- Retaliation for contesting a wage or overtime dispute
- Retaliation for denying a sexual harassment advance
- Retaliation for refusing to partake in illegal behavior
- Retaliation for filing a workers' compensation claim
- FMLA violations, such as being fired after having a baby or taking care of a loved one
- Whistleblower retaliation
Seeking Restitution for Wrongfully Terminated Employees
If you were not given valid reasons why you were fired and suspect some type of illegal firing practice or other unlawful termination situation, our wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles can help. At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we believe in protecting the employees' best interest and rights and are here to help you seek the financial restitution you deserve.
We work on a contingency basis so you don't pay unless we win. Call our Los Angeles wrongful termination attorneys now at (213) 267-3640 to learn more.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,100,000 $1.1 MILLION FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION BECAUSE OF SICK SON
- $1,010,000 $1.01 MILLION FOR WRONGFULLY TERMINATED DISABLED WORKER
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $934,000 $934,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION WHILE ON MEDICAL LEAVE
- $775,000 $775,000 FOR EMPLOYEE FIRED WHILE ON A PREGNANCY RELATED LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $443,000 $443,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION RELATED TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE