Distracted Driving Accidents in Los Angeles
Fighting on Behalf of the Wrongfully Injured
According to the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration (NHTSA), distracted driving accidents claimed the lives of 3,450 individuals in 2016 and injured 391,000 in 2015. Although many of us think of cell phone usage when we engage in discourse about distracted driving, there are actually many different forms of this dangerous habit. If you were injured in a distracted driving accident, you should not hesitate to obtain skilled legal representation to recover the compensation you need to cover your lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses associated with your injuries.
At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP in Los Angeles, our distracted driving accident attorneys are prepared to fight on your behalf and hold the at-fault party liable for his or her negligence. There is no reason why you should have to bear the financial burden of someone else’s mistakes.
Begin your personal injury lawsuit today and contact our Los Angeles team at (213) 267-3640 to schedule a complimentary case review today!
The Most Common Types of Distracted Driving
Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road can be distracting, but some are far more common than others. These are the most frequent causes of distracted driving:
- Talking on the phone or reading and writing text messages
- Adjusting a GPS device
- Changing the station on the radio or adjusting the temperature in the vehicle
- Grooming or applying make-up
- Talking to passengers, especially if the conversation is particularly heated or engaging
- Looking away from the road
- Trying to handle pets or children
- Daydreaming or getting lost in thought
Some of these actions might not seem distracting, but any time a driver’s attention is not on the task at hand, he or she is at a higher risk of being involved in an accident. Cell phone use is particularly the most dangerous of them all, especially reading or sending text messages. While most other actions distract a driver in only one of three ways – cognitively, visually, or manually – reading or sending a text message distracts a driver in all three ways.
Although many drivers are aware of the dangers involved in texting and driving, the NHTSA estimated that 481,000 vehicles were driven by individuals who were using handheld electronic devices at any given time during the day.
Hire a Compassionate Distracted Driving Accident Attorney in Los Angeles Today!
Motor vehicle accidents, even minor ones, can result in serious injuries that require extensive medical treatment and care. If you sustained injuries in an accident that was caused by a distracted driver, the legal team at Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP in Los Angeles can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients and would be honored to do the same for you.
We also understand that you are undoubtedly going through a difficult time right now, which is why we work on a contingency fee basis. This means you will not have to pay us any legal fees until we win your case.
Call us today at (213) 267-3640 to schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys!
- $1,500,000 $1.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR TRIP & FALL
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR RIDESHARE ACCIDENT
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $280,000 $280,000 SETTLEMENT FOR SLIP AND FALL
- $250,000 $250,000 SETTLEMENT FOR INJURY AT APARTMENT COMPLEX