Drunk Driving Car Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles
Tireless & Tenacious Legal Advocacy
Drunk driving is one of the deadliest mistakes an individual can make, and very rarely does it not result in disaster. Accidents involving drunk or impaired drivers often leave victims horribly injured and emotionally traumatized for years to come, and the most extreme accidents leave no survivors at all.
These injustices occur every day, and guilty parties are far too often released from responsibility on a technicality, leaving them free to hurt someone again. Therefore, immediately following an accident at the hands of a drunk driver, it is essential you enlist the services of aggressive and determined injury attorneys--such as ours at Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP.
The following are common injuries sustained in a drunk driving accident, including:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Organ damage
With our legal team on your side, not only will we pursue the compensation you are entitled to from the driver in question, but we will explore other options specific to your case. For example, 3rd-party liability may apply in case of overserving on behalf of restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels, and more. With the counsel, care, and representation of a results-driven legal team such as ours at Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, you can rest assured you are in the right hands.
Dram Shop Liability for Social Hosts & Bars
The Dram Shop Act allows victims of drunk drivers or their families the right to hold bars and other establishments that serve alcohol, liable for death, injury or other damages caused by an intoxicated patron.
California also has a “social host liability” law. The law holds hosts of private parties who serve alcohol, accountable for injuries or death due to negligence should they fail to prevent their guest from driving under the influence.
What is The Legal Alcohol Limit in California?
In the state of California, it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol — and that also includes medications such as cough syrup. Anyone who operates a vehicle with the following BAC (blood alcohol concentration) is not legally permitted to operate a motor vehicle:
- BAC of 0.08% or higher, if the driver is 21 years old or older.
- BAC of 0.01% or higher, if the driver is under 21 years old.
- BAC of 0.01% or higher, at any age, if the driver is on probation for a DUI.
- BAC of 0.04% or higher, in any vehicle requiring a CDL—with or without a CDL issued to the driver.
- BAC of 0.04% or higher, for those paid to transport passengers such as Uber or Lyft drivers.
How does Drinking Impair Abilities?
Even though drivers know that consuming alcohol and getting behind the wheel impairs driving abilities, some proceed to do it anyway. Here are some common impairments that affect drivers who are over the legal BAC limit:
- Lowers reaction time
- Reduces concentration
- Reduces coordination
- Decreases alertness
- Limits ability to see objects in the road
- Impairs perception
Unfortunately, even the most defensive drivers can be the victim of a drunk driving car accident. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury — or even worse — death, we are here to help.
Contact Our Trusted & Highly-Rated Accident Lawyers
Drunk driving is 100% preventable, which only makes the situation more tragic when someone recklessly and selfishly chooses to get behind the wheel. If you or a loved one has been hit by a drunk driver, you are not alone and don’t have to face this injustice alone. Our experienced and strong minded car accident attorneys of Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP are committed to delivering you the compensation you deserve. There is no time to waste in fighting for the compensation you deserve for your medical expenses, loss of work and wages, and pain and suffering.
If you are interested in speaking to a trusted member of our firm, please don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (213) 267-3640.
- $1,500,000 $1.5 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR TRIP & FALL
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR RIDESHARE ACCIDENT
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $280,000 $280,000 SETTLEMENT FOR SLIP AND FALL
- $250,000 $250,000 SETTLEMENT FOR INJURY AT APARTMENT COMPLEX