Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles
Representing Riders, Drivers & Pedestrians
Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft are a convenient and dependable source of transportation for millions of people. With more and more rideshare vehicles on the road, some of these rides will inevitably result in car accidents.
As ridesharing apps have become a staple in our daily lives, personal injury law has had to keep up with the complexities of accident claims involving rideshare services. As such, so have the personal injury attorneys at our firm. At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we understand the complexities of injury claims involving rideshare vehicles, drivers, and passengers. Our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys know how to effectively settle and litigate these complicated cases. If you have suffered an injury in an accident involving this type of rideshare service, we are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Insurance Complexities in Rideshare Accidents
All Uber and Lyft drivers are required by California law to have their own car insurance, which generally provides coverage for their passengers in an accident.
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft also carry their own insurance policies to cover their drivers and the company itself in the event of an accident.
In any accident involving a rideshare vehicle, it can be difficult to determine liability and pinpoint who should have to pay damages to the injured party. Our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys in Los Angeles know how to effectively investigate an accident, determine liability, communicate with every party’s insurance company, and negotiate properly. In the event that we cannot reach a fair settlement, we are fully prepared to litigate the matter.
What to Do after an Uber or Lyft Accident
The steps you should take following a rideshare accident depend on your role in the situation – namely, whether you were driving or riding in a rideshare vehicle.
At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we represent:
- Uber and Lyft drivers: If you were injured by someone else while driving for Uber or Lyft, your personal insurance policy will cover you
- Non-rideshare drivers who were hit by a rideshare driver: Non-rideshare drivers who were involved in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver will generally have to file a claim with the driver’s personal insurance provider, not the company’s insurer
- Passengers in rideshare vehicles: If you were injured in an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, you’ll initiate a claim with the driver’s personal insurance policy
- Pedestrians hit by rideshare vehicles: Innocent pedestrians can seek compensation from the rideshare company
Every case is unique, and the specific details of your accident will help us determine who should be held liable for your damages. During a free initial consultation, we can review the incident and help you navigate the claims process effectively.
To get started, please call us at (213) 267-3640.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $280,000 $280,000 SETTLEMENT FOR SLIP AND FALL
- $250,000 $250,000 SETTLEMENT FOR INJURY AT APARTMENT COMPLEX