Burn Injury Attorneys in Los Angeles
Fighting to Protect Victims of Burns, Explosions & Fires
Burn injuries, particularly those that are severe and leave behind disfiguring scars and nerve damage, can change a person’s life for many years to come. Sustaining a severe burn injury is not only painful, but also traumatic and can lead to emotional distress and suffering. At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, our Los Angeles burn injury attorneys are committed to representing burn injury victims and helping them obtain the compensation they deserve. We are experienced at handling many types of catastrophic injuries, from burns to brain injuries.
Contact our Los Angeles law firm today at (213) 267-3640 to schedule a complimentary case review with one of our compassionate and knowledgeable attorneys.
Different Types of Burn Injuries
There are many different kinds of burn injuries and they can all occur in varying degrees. Some can be minor and heal in a matter of days while others can cause serious damage to the tendons and bones.
Here are some of the most common types of burn injuries:
- Thermal burns: A thermal burn occurs when someone is exposed to flames, hot materials, or hot liquid.
- Electrical burns: As the name suggests, an electrical burn is caused by electricity. It is possible for a person to look outwardly fine, but to have sustained serious internal damage as a result of an electrical burn.
- Radiological burns: A radiological burn is caused by radiation and tends to warrant decontamination. However, this is the least common type of burn injury that exists.
- Chemical burns: These types of injuries can be caused by either highly alkali or acidic substances and usually need special attention to prevent further injury to the skin.
Here are the different degrees of burns:
- First degree burns: The skin might appear red, but will not develop any blisters.
- Second degree burns: The skin will develop blisters and the burn might be severe enough to warrant skin grafting for effective healing.
- Third degree burns: The skin’s dermis and deeper tissues will be affected, turning the skin white, black, and even resulting in numbness.
Technically, fourth degree burns also exist. A fourth degree burn can potentially damage a person’s bones and result in death, so you can expect this type of injury to warrant a lengthy hospital stay and extensive medical care and treatment. Regardless of the type of burn you sustained, however, it is important to seek medical attention to receive a proper diagnosis and treatment to minimize permanent damage and scarring.
Schedule a Consultation with an Experienced Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
If you were seriously burned due to someone else’s careless actions, such as in a car accident or construction accident, contact the team at Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP to obtain the skilled legal counsel you need during this difficult time. Our Los Angeles burn injury attorneys have the experience and knowledge to achieve the best possible results for your case.
Contact our office today at (213) 267-3640 to request a free and confidential case review with one of our attorneys. We work on a contingency fee basis, so if we cannot recover compensation on your behalf, you will not owe us any legal fees!
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $280,000 $280,000 SETTLEMENT FOR SLIP AND FALL
- $250,000 $250,000 SETTLEMENT FOR INJURY AT APARTMENT COMPLEX