Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Los Angeles
Fighting for Compensation on Behalf of the Injured
Dogs might be man’s best friend, but when in the hands of the wrong caregiver, they can become unpredictable and dangerous. If you were bitten by a dog, you should file a personal injury claim to obtain compensation for the costs associated with the injury, such as medical treatment. At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, our dog bite injury attorneys will fight on your behalf and hold the responsible party liable for your pain and suffering.
Contact our office today at (213) 267-3640 to schedule a complimentary case review and learn more about how our team can assist you.
What Should I Do After Being Bitten By a Dog?
The aftermath of a dog bite injury is similar to the steps one would take after being injured in a motor vehicle accident.
Here are the steps you should keep in mind if you are ever attacked by a dog:
- Seek medical attention right away: If you put off medical care or neglect to go to the doctor altogether, you are going to have a hard time obtaining compensation for your injuries. Moreover, not seeking medical care could potentially result in health complications, such as infection. You cannot assume all dogs are properly vaccinated, so be sure to prioritize a trip to the doctor.
- Swap phone numbers: Make sure to exchange phone numbers and other contact information with the dog’s owner or caregiver since you will need to be able to easily reach him or her in the coming days to inquire about their pet’s vaccination history.
- Witnesses at the scene: If anyone watched the dog bite injury occur, obtain their contact information before they leave the scene. They will be able to help back up your claim.
- File a report: People are often hesitant to file a report with animal control, but doing so can help prevent others from being bitten. It might even help the investigation regarding your own case.
You should also do your best to document your injury before and after treatment. Take pictures that show the healing process and keep a journal to note your pain level and inability to perform certain tasks or motions. A personal injury claim can take some time, so it is crucial to write down these details.
Schedule a Free Case Review with a Dog Bite Injury Attorney Today!
Did you sustain a dog bite injury? You should not postpone obtaining the legal representation you need to recover compensation. At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, our team of personal injury attorneys will help you navigate the process of filing a claim for your dog bite injury and build a solid case on your behalf.
Contact our law office at (213) 267-3640 to request a free case evaluation with one of our attorneys. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not owe us any legal fees until we are able to win your case!
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $280,000 $280,000 SETTLEMENT FOR SLIP AND FALL
- $250,000 $250,000 SETTLEMENT FOR INJURY AT APARTMENT COMPLEX