Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Los Angeles
Fighting on Behalf of Your Elderly Loved Ones
Many of us will have to entrust the care of our elderly loved ones to a nursing home facility, whether it be because we cannot provide the round-the-clock care they need or lack the necessary skill set needed for their medical condition. Unfortunately, not all nursing home facilities are staffed with professionals who are dedicated to making your loved one feel at home or keeping them healthy. Nursing home abuse and neglect is an epidemic in this country and affects millions of senior adults. At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we are committed to providing the legal assistance you need to obtain compensation and justice on behalf of your elderly loved one.
Contact the team at Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP at (213) 267-3640 to schedule a free case review to learn more about how we can help you!
What is Nursing Home Abuse?
Nursing home abuse involves the intentional harm of an elderly resident. The harm that a nursing home resident suffers does not necessarily have to be physical; it can also be sexual, psychological, or financial. For example, if a nursing home staff took advantage of his or her access to a resident’s financial information and used it to pull money from an account, this could also be considered nursing home abuse.
Signs of nursing home abuse include:
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones and minor fractures
- Severe mood swings
- Isolating and refusing to speak
- Weight loss that cannot be explained
- Caregivers refuse to leave the resident alone with others
It is crucial to visit your elderly loved one as frequently as possible to observe and significant changes in his or her behavior and appearance.
Nursing home abuse can also come in the form of neglect. Many nursing homes are not adequately staffed and lack sufficient care for residents. As a result, many elderly patients do not receive enough food, lack proper hygiene, and develop skin infections or bed sores. Additionally, many residents in understaffed nursing homes are often left to fend for themselves and walk around the facility unattended, sometimes leading to fall accidents and serious injuries.
Signs of nursing home neglect include:
- Pressure ulcers or bed sores
- Dirty clothing and general lack of good hygiene
- Injuries caused by falls
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Withdrawn behavior
If you observe any of the aforementioned signs of abuse or neglect in your elderly loved one, ask his or her doctors or nurses about it and seek skilled legal counsel for further assistance.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Today!
Do you suspect that your elderly loved one is being abused or neglected? You need to hire an experienced and compassionate attorney who can guide you through the steps of filing a personal injury claim. At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, our nursing home abuse attorneys will provide knowledgeable legal advice and fierce representation.
Contact our law office today at (213) 267-3640 to schedule a free case review. We also work on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not owe us any legal fees unless we win your case!
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,100,000 $1.1 MILLION FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION BECAUSE OF SICK SON
- $1,010,000 $1.01 MILLION FOR WRONGFULLY TERMINATED DISABLED WORKER
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $934,000 $934,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION WHILE ON MEDICAL LEAVE
- $775,000 $775,000 FOR EMPLOYEE FIRED WHILE ON A PREGNANCY RELATED LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $443,000 $443,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION RELATED TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE