Airline & Airport Employees
Los Angeles Workers’ Comp Attorneys
Long hours, irregular schedules, and handling heavy luggage are just a fraction of the many health and safety threats airline and airport workers face on a daily basis. According to the Flight Safety Foundation, the airline industry is among the most hazardous in the nation, which is why it’s important for an employee to understand their legal options for recovering benefits if they are injured at work.
At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, our Los Angeles workers’ comp lawyers are backed by decades of combined experience, and can provide you with the strong and effective representation you need and deserve. Our firm can assist you throughout the legal process, whether it’s completing complex paperwork or appealing an unfavorable decision. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you don’t have to pay us unless and until we win. Our workers' compensation lawyers also offer speaking services in Spanish, free initial consultations and honest case evaluations.
Schedule a meeting with one of our Los Angeles workers' compensation attorneys. Call (213) 267-3640 or contact us online! Se habla Español.
The Rights of Airport Employees to Workers’ Comp Benefits
Airline and airport employees can be injured anywhere at work, including on the tarmac, in the airplane, inside of a terminal or even from behind a desk. Below are a few of the most common reasons for injuries on the ground or in the sky:
- Being struck by a vehicle
- Cleaning/servicing the plane
- Falling off moving tarmac stairs
- Handling heavy or large baggage
- In-flight turbulence
- Mechanical errors
- Moving or lifting disabled passengers
- Repetitive motions
- Slippery pavements
Since there are so many varying positions in the airline industry, injuries can range from chronic back pain and hypertension to musculoskeletal disorders and traumatic brain injuries. If you’re injured and want to recover workers’ comp benefits, you must prove how your injury happened. While you do not need to show that your employer was negligent, you need to prove the injury was work-related. You are entitled to benefits for any lost-time injury that keeps you away from work for at least 3 days. Most claims related to smaller injuries tend to go through smoothly, but more severe injuries can result in a lengthy and more complex legal battle.
How We Can Help
At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, our workers' compensation lawyers in Los Angeles can investigate your accident and work towards getting you the maximum compensation you need and deserve for medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation, and pain and suffering. We understand how emotionally draining and physically stressful a workers’ compensation claim can be, which is why we strive to protect your rights while you recover from your injuries.
If you’re ready to discuss your case, please call (213) 267-3640 or contact us online. Visit our office today and learn more about how we have recovered millions for countless employees in California.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,100,000 $1.1 MILLION FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION BECAUSE OF SICK SON
- $1,010,000 $1.01 MILLION FOR WRONGFULLY TERMINATED DISABLED WORKER
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $934,000 $934,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION WHILE ON MEDICAL LEAVE
- $775,000 $775,000 FOR EMPLOYEE FIRED WHILE ON A PREGNANCY RELATED LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $443,000 $443,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION RELATED TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE