Brain Injury & Workers' Compensation
How to File for Workers’ Compensation After a Work Accident
Victims who have suffered a traumatic brain injury on the job face very specific challenges within the workers’ compensation system. No matter how small an incident may seem in the moment, or to other witnesses, it can present later as a serious injury. Workers’ compensation insurance will require extensive examination and documentation, not to mention the countless hours of time spent communicating with representatives. It pays to have an experienced Los Angeles brain injury lawyer by your side in such a hectic time. Our team can help relieve the stress, so you can focus on recovering and adjusting to the changes in your body and brain.
Steps to Take After a Brain Injury
If you were injured at work, even just a “little bump on the head,” you need to take steps to protect yourself. A small injury can be much larger under the surface, especially when it comes to the brain. You can take the following steps to protect yourself:
- Report the injury as soon as it happens, no matter how small.
- Visit a workers’ compensation doctor or notify your personal doctor that this is a workers’ comp visit so the proper paperwork can be completed.
- Request that a friend or family member help you with recording and documenting everything (brain injuries can result in loss of memory, compromised judgement, changes in mood, etc.).
- Consult with an attorney from our team at Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP to make sure you have the legal protection you need.
Los Angeles Brain Injury Victims: We Can Help
If you or someone you care for was involved in an on-the-job accident that resulted in a brain injury, you deserve to be heard. Let our team of brain injury lawyers advocate for you to get the settlement you deserve. You do not have to carry the burden of serious injury alone. Our advocates are passionate and experienced, with the knowledge required to help you from beginning to end. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we’re ready to help you next. Don’t worry about the added stress of legal fees – we accept cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t pay unless we win.
Call (213) 267-3640 or contact us online for a FREE and confidential consultation.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,100,000 $1.1 MILLION FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION BECAUSE OF SICK SON
- $1,010,000 $1.01 MILLION FOR WRONGFULLY TERMINATED DISABLED WORKER
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $934,000 $934,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION WHILE ON MEDICAL LEAVE
- $775,000 $775,000 FOR EMPLOYEE FIRED WHILE ON A PREGNANCY RELATED LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $443,000 $443,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION RELATED TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE