Compensation for Injured Hospital Workers
Los Angeles Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a hospital is one of the most dangerous places to work. If you have suffered an injury or occupational illness from working in a hospital, Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP can provide efficient representation. Our Los Angeles workers’ compensation lawyers will analyze your situation and guide you through the legal process.
Call Us Today at (213) 267-3640 for a FREE Consultation
Hospital workers may suffer injuries due to:
- Overexertion and bodily reaction
- Slipping or tripping and falling
- Violent patients
- Exposure to hazardous substances
- Contact with objects
Overexertion includes reaching, lifting, bending, and other repetitive motions. This can result in muscle and ligament strain, as well as back, shoulder, and neck injuries. Without using proper posture and equipment, hospital workers may suffer serious injuries from lifting heavy patients, and they are also at risk for tripping and falling, slipping on wet floors, being attacked by violent patients, and being exposed to hazardous materials.
Hospital Workers Face Unique Challenges
Hospital workers must make split second decisions to not only protect themselves, but to also uphold their duty of care to patients. According to OSHA, nearly 60,000 hospital workers suffered significant on-the-job injuries and illnesses in 2011. Without proper safety training and equipment, hospital workers, including doctors, nurses, surgeons, and others, may be at risk. Hospital management must provide adequate patient assessment tools, safety training, and minimal-lift policies to protect the health of workers.
The most common hospital worker injuries include:
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts and puncture wounds
- Fractures or broken bones
Hospital workers are at a high risk for musculoskeletal injuries, including muscle strains and sprains, as well as bone fractures. If you have suffered an injury or illness because of working in a hospital, you have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim. This may provide financial relief for medical bills, lost wages, and other injury-related expenses.
Injured on the Job? Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP Is Here to Help.
At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we provide diligent representation to clients who have suffered workplace injuries. If you were injured while working at a hospital in California, our Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorneys will discuss your options for pursuing a settlement. From start to finish, we will answer your questions, help you file the paperwork, and uphold your right to compensation.
Contact our firm today to discuss your case with one of our knowledgeable lawyers.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,100,000 $1.1 MILLION FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION BECAUSE OF SICK SON
- $1,010,000 $1.01 MILLION FOR WRONGFULLY TERMINATED DISABLED WORKER
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $934,000 $934,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION WHILE ON MEDICAL LEAVE
- $775,000 $775,000 FOR EMPLOYEE FIRED WHILE ON A PREGNANCY RELATED LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $443,000 $443,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION RELATED TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE