Police Officer Injuries
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Serving Los Angeles
At Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, we are proud to serve those who protect our community. Police officers are at high risk for injuries because of the dangerous nature of their job. Dealing with violent criminals, being involved in car chases, and performing other dangerous actions on a daily basis can take a toll.
Have you been injured because of your job duties as a police officer? We will aggressively represent you as you seek workers’ compensation benefits.
Contact us today to discuss your case with one of our knowledgeable Los Angeles workers’ comp attorneys.
Police Officers Face Unique Risks on the Job
For police officers, danger is part of the job. In California, workers’ compensation benefits are available to police officers who are injured at work. They may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, disability, travel to and from doctor’s appointments, and other injury-related expenses.
Police officers may suffer a variety of injuries, such as:
- Gunshot wounds
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Broken or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Lacerations and stab wounds
- Puncture wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
These injuries could require expensive medical treatment, therapy, and time off of work. It is important to file a workers’ compensation claim as soon as possible, and to gather evidence for your case. This may include witness statements, pictures or videos of the incident, medical records, and other documentation. Workers’ compensation coverage is not available for injuries caused by factors outside of work. This means, if you suffer an injury while on vacation with your family or while you are off duty, you may not be able to receive workers’ compensation.
If your police department or the insurance company disputes or denies your claim, it is important to have a knowledgeable lawyer by your side. In some cases, the insurance company may say that your injuries did not actually occur while you were performing work duties. We will tenaciously fight on your behalf as you seek the financial relief you deserve.
Dedicated to Serving Those in Our Police Departments
Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP has years of experience representing injured workers in California. Our Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorneys are passionate about upholding the rights of injured workers and will communicate with you honestly throughout the process. We will help you file a claim, make sure you don’t leave out any necessary information, and answer your questions from start to finish.
Call us today at (213) 267-3640 for a free initial case evaluation.
- $1,225,000 $1.225 MILLION VERDICT FOR A REAR END CRASH
- $1,100,000 $1.1 MILLION FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION BECAUSE OF SICK SON
- $1,010,000 $1.01 MILLION FOR WRONGFULLY TERMINATED DISABLED WORKER
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- $1,000,000 $1 MILLION SETTLEMENT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY INJURY
- $934,000 $934,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION WHILE ON MEDICAL LEAVE
- $775,000 $775,000 FOR EMPLOYEE FIRED WHILE ON A PREGNANCY RELATED LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- $750,000 $750,000 VERDICT FOR PREMISES LIABILITY
- $700,000 $700,000 FOR CAR ACCIDENT
- $443,000 $443,000 FOR WRONGFUL TERMINATION RELATED TO MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE