An Elite Employee Rights Lawyer in Los Angeles
As the co-founder of Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, partner Jacob Nalbandyan heads the civil litigation department of Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP, comprised of the labor and employment fields of law.
With his passion and desire for leveling the playing field between everyday employees against multi-million dollar corporate employers, Mr. Nalbandyan co-founded Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP to study, perfect, and implement the rights of employees.
Millions Recovered as a Trial Lawyer
Mr. Nalbandyan is a trial lawyer and has dedicated his entire legal career to the aggressive representation of employees in cases involving:
Having litigated hundreds of employment and labor cases for his clients in both state and federal trial and appellate courts across Southern California, Mr. Nalbandyan is well versed in the complexities of employment and labor law, both from a legal and practical standpoint. As such, Mr. Nalbandyan has been able to maximize the outcome for his clients in legal disputes against their existing or former employers in many types of class actions and single-plaintiff cases. With his colleagues, Mr. Nalbandyan has recovered millions of dollars for employees across California.
Before entering the legal profession, Mr. Nalbandyan earned his bachelor's degree in economics from UCLA, summa cum laude. He then attended and graduated from Loyola Law School, joining an elite and exclusive alumni group of reputable trial lawyers.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- B.A., UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Central and Eastern Districts of California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Labor and Employment Section
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Castro-Ramirez v. Dependable Highway Express, Inc. (2016) 2 Cal.App.5th 1028 (Establishing sweeping California law that an employer may not discriminate or retaliate against an employee with a disabled child on account of the employee's related work schedule needs)
- Diaz v. Professional Community Management, Inc. (2017) 16 Cal.App.5th 1190 (Securing denial of a motion to compel arbitration at the Court of Appeal on first instance and obtaining sanctions against the employer and employer's lawyers and law firm to be paid as follows: 1. $8,500 to the court; 2. attorney's fees to the employee for trial preparation and for defending the appeal; and 3. the employer's attorneys ordered to forward the Court of Appeal opinion to the State Bar)
- $1,100,000 Settlement for Associational Disability related Wrongful Termination in Castro-Ramirez v. Dependable Highway Express, Inc. (LASC Case No. BC511197)
- $1,010,000 Settlement for Disability related Wrongful Termination
- $775,000 Settlement for Pregnancy related Wrongful Termination
- Lessons Learned From Winning - Jacob was invited as a speaker for the California Employment Lawyers Association's 29th annual conference in 2016 to speak before lawyers and judges for his win in the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court in the case of Castro-Ramirez v. Dependable Highway Express, Inc. In 2018, he successfully settled the case for $1.1 Million without his client having to attend a long and protracted jury trial.
To schedule your free case evaluation with our employee rights lawyers in Los Angeles, contact us today at (213) 267-3640.